Monday, August 01, 2011

One Week Left=Hurry Up and Do Something Interesting

With less than a week left in Tokyo, I'm panicking to make sure that Jonathan and I do some memorable Japanese "things."  We've been so focused on Sawyer and his sleep schedule, that we've sacrificed our usual sightseeing excursions.  This is to be expected.  But if we want Sawyer to be ticked that we took him to Japan when he was a baby and he can't remember it, we have to have photographic evidence to make him jealous for the memories.

I should mention that we have been doing some exciting things that I've been bad at documenting.  Mainly, we've been taking morning walks!  Sawyer has become quite the early riser these days.  Most mornings he wakes up around 5:30, if not before.  Many of these mornings, we strap him in to the Baby Bjorn and head out on an urban hike around our neighborhood.  We've seen a lot of cool things, but I don't usually bring my camera because, even though the sun is not yet quite overhead, it's still sweltering hot outside and it's hard to even think about carrying a bag on my shoulder, even a camera bag.

However,  we did recently take a morning walk to Meiji Jingu in Harajuku and I did bring my camera a long.  Meiji Shrine is a shinto temple dedicated to the deified spirits of Emperor Meiji and Empress Shoken.  It's probably the most famous Shrine in Tokyo, and it's Jonathan's favorite. We thought Sawyer might like it too, since he's got a thing for trees.

It's hard to take pictures with a baby, especially a baby that's obsessed with putting anything and everything in his mouth, but we tried our best!

(Oh, and I should mention that we finished our walk with a Sausage McGriddle breakfast from McDonald's.  Usually, I act like I'm too good for McDonald's, but the truth is, it was the yummiest most satisfying breakfast I've had in a good long time.  How did you put syrup inside a pancake?  They are wizards...)




 SCARY!  I feel bad because this is the face I make at Sawyer when I try to get him to smile.  Poor Baby, no wonder he has trouble sleeping at night!


 This guy is sweeping the leaves from one side of the path to the other side.  I should mention the path is probably a half a mile long.













This is how Sawyer usually finishes up our walks.  Falling asleep on his Dad.  So sweet.

4 comments:

gardeniagirl said...

Cute. He is getting to be such a handsome boy. I AM surprised at your professed love for McDonald's food. Maybe nursing has changed your taste buds?

Katie said...

You now have some great family pictures with temples and shrines you can show Sawyer in the future. Success. I'm jealous of your morning walks, even if it was hot.

That baby is SO big. And it's true, babies change every day. Sawyer looks different in these pictures than in the last blog post. I can't wait to you guys!

Erin Gibbons said...

Your family looks so striking and amazing with all different colored eyes! So beautiful! I think you look great in those last 2 pictures of you and Sawyer, (and he looks super cute in those close-ups!) What a peaceful looking place, I wish I could be there!

Unknown said...

Aww! I love Amanda/Jonathan Japan photos with a baby in them. Such a cute baby too. Love you guys!