Thursday, December 01, 2011

Sawyer Loves his Daddy or The Jealousy of a Mother

Sawyer LOVES Jonathan.  Many mornings Jonathan wakes up with Sawyer and takes him downstairs while I get a bit more sleep.  Mornings are special times for Sawyer.  He's groggy, which means he's calm and cuddly.  He'd rather be curled up all warm in your arms than on the floor playing.  I have to say, if I didn't REALLY, REALLY need the sleep I would be jealous of this quiet, boys-only time. Each morning, Jonathan introduces Sawyer to a favorite vocalist like Adele or Sarah Brightman as they cuddle in their jammies on the couch.  Sawyer is especially into this rendition of "Time to Say Goodbye" sung by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman.

When Jonathan gets home from a long day at school.  Sawyer stares up at his dad with a contented, I'm-happy-you-are-home smile.  It's very heartwarming.  It also makes Jonathan really happy.  When they hug and play, I can't help but immediately join in, because I don't want to be left out of the fun...even though I hang out with Sawyer everyday all day.  It's like, I want a break, but as soon as I see Sawyer and Jonathan being cute together, I get jealous and want a piece of the cuddle action too!

One thing is clear.  Sawyer loves his dad, separately and differently from how he loves me.  Jonathan and I are two distinct people in Sawyer's mind now.  He knows us individually and loves us and reacts to us each uniquely.  And while Sawyer loves us both, there is a little sparkle in his eye when he looks at his daddy's face!




2 comments:

Jessica Clark said...

SO cute!!! And ditto, ditto DITTO everything you said about the immediate connection of baby boy and daddy. I think its absolutely adorable and good and...ya its like okay so once you leave for work/school I get the OTHER baby boy for the majority of the time so ya...I'm jealous BUT I wouldn't have it any other way =)

Unknown said...

All cute pictures, but the last one is my all-time favorite father son pic. So cute! You have such cute boys! It's so nice to witness that bond, isn't it? It makes me feel so close and in love with Billy, because I know he is the only one who truly knows how it feels to be in the trenches with liam, isla, and wren. And He's here and I'm here and we'll always be here, taking care of them. It's such an awesome partnership and defnitely the Heavenly Father's plan.