We celebrated Thanksgiving on Saturday instead of Thursday, since Jonathan didn't have the day off. I am proud to say that I spent the entire day in the kitchen. Like from 7 am until we at at around 4. It felt like some kind of right of passage. I made an entire Thanksgiving dinner by myself, from scratch. Well, by myself, except for the little boy version of Julia Child you can see in the photo below. We invited a family, The Barrows, from Sawyer's youchien to join us as well as our friend Shannon and her son Hiro. I wish I had taken more photos, because it was really a very, very fun time. The kids ate first, and then played and watched Christmas movies while the adults enjoyed a leisurely dinner. After we played hide and seek and the Japanese version of red light, green light, until all the kids were crying from exhaustion. I know that I felt very, very grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment