Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Cookie Party and the Day I Got my Driver's License!

After taking my driver's test 5 times, I finally past!  I was so relieved to hear my invigilator say, "Amanda-san, perfect," when I was done. Seriously, failing 5 times can take a toll on one's confidence, but receiving a perfect score...well, let's just say after I went through, I earned it!  What better way to celebrate than with a Christmas party with our best Tokyo friends.  We exchanged presents and decorated gingerbread and sugar cookies.  Then we ate them...all.  Unfortunately, the celebration was a bit lackluster, since instead of preparing for the party I was at the testing center from 8:00 am until 2:15, and not home until close to 3:30 because the trains were slow.  The party started at 4.  Luckily Jonathan was there to help things run smoothly in the kitchen.  We made gingerbread men and decorated Christmas cards for a sick girl in America.   The whole day really helped me get in the spirit of Christmas!  









1 comment:

Christa and Rob said...

So, is the Japanese drivers test just really hard or something?? Or did you just have bad luck? I've always heard, though, 5th times a charm.... ;)