Monday, November 20, 2023

From Suviving to Thriving

I've been in various stages of survival mode for probably nearly a decade.  While life has certainly been good as a whole, I've definitely experienced some personal challenges that have left me crawling on my hands and knees for days on end, months on end even, instead of marching with purpose towards some kind of personal actualization.  I've been making it through, nursing myself along.  I get everything done, but nothing more than that. I know a lot of people live their lives this way.  The paycheck-to-paycheck mentality is actually a life philosophy that says I'm just going to make it through one day to the next.  I have just enough time and energy for the must-do's and nothing else.  I don't want to confuse you into believing that I am some kind of workaholic.  This is not the case. When I said, "time and energy," I meant them as exclusive factors. While in survival mode, I often find myself with time, but not with the physical or emotional energy to take on projects, like writing a blog entry, for example.  Instead, I mindlessly scroll through Instagram or do some mindless busy work like organizing the pantry again when I have a moment.  In survival mode, I use Netflix, audible, podcasts, and busy work, etc as a distraction from whatever difficult thoughts make an appearance when I have a moment of peace.  Of course, at the end of the day, I feel incomplete, untethered, and totally unsatisfied with the day, my life, myself.  So, here I am with a little bit of energy and some time, and instead of scrolling, I'm writing for the first time in....six years. Let's see where this goes...



No comments: