Usually, I am NOT an autumn person. Summer is where it's at for me. Sun. Warmth. Blue skies. T-shirts. Beaches. Gardens. Upon hearing each of these words I am filled with a combination of glee and absolute comfort. Fall typically affects me in the opposite way. Instead of glee, I feel dread. Instead of comfort, I feel out of sorts. Despite my lament for the passing of summer, in Cambridge I am offered the solace of an autumnal rainbow of leaves quietly assuaging the pain of the impending wind-chills and icy precipitations of winter. Even I can appreciate the beauty of autumn in a place like this. The air is crisp and each step is filled with a soundtrack of crunching leaves.
These are a few pics I've taken this fall. Please click on them to make them big, so you can really see:
Fall Leaf Bouquet made up of fallen leaves on my street.
Annual rowing event on the Charles River, just outside my door:
High School football practice in Athens, Pa.
Cherry and Green Apple Snow Cone.
My Mom's Street.
2 comments:
Totally gorgeous. I too am learning to love fall. This years been a little bit easier.
I'd love fall if it weren't quite so chilly. But yes Moonie, you are so very correct. Fall in New England is a piece of heaven. Makes me want to come visit... :(
Post a Comment