Thursday, September 22, 2011

Catching Up: Tokyo Baby Cafe or The Future Sumo Champion of the World

Tokyo Baby Cafe:

It's a cool cafe only for mom's and their babies.  I came here with my friend Emily who I know from Boston.  It was a fun place, even though they charged us $10.00/ hour to hang out there.

Highlights are:

The decor:



The Food:

The Sumo Baby:



So you know how huge Sawyer is:  97-99 percentile for height and weight.  In this picture Sawyer is 4 months and the giant Sumo baby has just turned 5 months.  Holy Huge BABY! Count'em: 4 arm rolls! I was obsessed with him and even finagled a way to hold him--notice how I tossed Sawyer aside.  I told Sawyer, "You no longer impress me.  You will have to prove yourself in a sumo match against this MAMMOTH to win back my love!"  (That's not true).  Surprisingly, the Sumo Baby was just a bunch of fluff.  It was like picking up a fake rock on a movie set.

P.S. Isn't his (the Sumo Baby's) mom so cute?



And here are a few other pics:

This is Emily and her super cute baby Franciska.


Sawyer and I in our typical travel pose.

2 comments:

gardeniagirl said...

Wow, I am impressed by the sumo baby. Sawyer needs to get going on solids so he can girth up some more. I am also amazed that that huge baby came from a tiny Japanese woman.

Morgan said...

Chark, those were my thoughts exactly! Both Amanda and sumo-baby mom are tinsie winsie!