However, by the way the day started, you would have never believed it could have ended so pleasantly. By the time Jonathan left for work, sawyer had thrown at least two tantrums and Lyla had a burn on her hand from touching the tea kettle that needed a doctor's attention. Our house was a disaster, like the kind of disaster that threatens hygiene safety standards. At 10am we got in to see the doctor to learn that Lyla's burn would be fine but that she has an infection in her eyes and that her two bottom teeth were just breaking through (no wonder she was screaming all day yesterday. Poor Baby.) By lunchtime I was beat, but that's when the tide turned. Sawyer went down for a nap...and so did Lyla! Sawyer slept for three hours and Lyla slept on an off for most of the time as well. I was able to clean the kitchen! I was able to lay down on my bed! I was able to check my email!
When the kids woke up, they were happy. Lyla didn't require constant bouncing. Sawyer didn't throw a fit about me not letting him turn on the TV. We played! I cleaned up. I even made a tasty dinner! Sure, Sawyer threw a tantrum about not getting to eat ice cream from dinner, but who wouldn't? And he did eventually eat his food. Both kids were all snug in their beds asleep by 7:30!
I finished cleaning. Ate my dinner. Bragged to Jonathan, who is still at work and probably won't be home until after 11pm. And now...now here I am writing a blog post (in a clean house with two sleeping children). Success.
Sawyer and Lyla, Mama loves you. I'm sorry we had a rough couple of days. Hopefully, we will heal from the experience quickly and are not left with any emotional scars.
Here is the first smile that Sawyer gave me in DAYS (what a cute kid):
4 comments:
very cute so sorry about the rough time you had glad things are better
days like that are so rough. i wish i were there so i could come over and together we could distract each other from our woes. its good we have telephones. and blogs! sawyer is so cute. what a lady killer. i love him.
Ditto everything Bek said and add- I LOVE your posts! I am excited everyday to see what moment you captured. It makes me feel included! XO
So challenging. Do not (NOT) read my facebook post about parenting from this morning. There is no doubt that parenting little ones press us to the limits of our capacity. It is a miracle that we all survived....
Post a Comment