Monday, May 19, 2014

Mad, Dirty, and Bruised

Sawyer got really dirty at the park.  I wish I could say it was because he was playing really hard and having too much fun.  Unfortunately, at least on this day, Sawyer is THIS dirty because he was rolling around on the ground protesting. You see, he wanted to play with our ball alone and not with the group of kids that our awesomely huge beach ball (Granny sent it) attracted.  He kind of looked like one of those little chinchillas taking a dust bath, except he wasn't clean at the end.  And he was far less cute and quiet. The best part was that the tantrum eventually devolved into him rolling around in the dirt, not so much because he was trying to show he was upset, but because rolling in the dirt ends up being kind of fun (as long as you don't let any one else know!) 



After his bath, I made him practice remaining calm by channeling the spirit of Buddha through meditation.  (In other words, I bribed him to take this picture with the promise of a lollipop.)

Later that evening his mosquito bite swelled his eye shut...poor Sawsy.

No comments: