In and effort to fit in a little more with the beautiful Japanese women with whom I share Tokyo's sidewalks, and in a test of my own capabilities as a diva, I decided to wear some pretty, big-heeled shoes out for a day of Tokyo exploration.
The results aren’t pretty. Please be advised that the pictures below are graphic:
I don't know how these women do it. These sores and blisters are the result of only a few hours of walking. I could barely stand after I took my shoes off. After about 30 minutes, the strap marks turned into tight, white blisters. Japanese women wear the strappiest, tallest, and most glamorous shoes I have ever seen all day long, and their feet remain as delicate and milky as the day they were born. I will no longer compete with these women. I know my limitations. As glamorous as they may not be, I'll be wearing sneakers.
1 comment:
We can be unfashionable together!
Post a Comment