Thursday, September 29, 2011

Catching Up: Trip Home

The trip home from Tokyo was uneventful, with the exception that the airline lost our reservations and thus our seats which were chosen to allow use of the awesome basinet feature.  As things stood when we checked in, we were going to be holding Sawyer for the entire 14 hour trip.  Jonathan did some negotiating and was able to finagle us three seats, instead of two.  I was skeptical, but the third seat allowed us to bring our car seat.  Sawyer doesn't usually sleep well in his car seat, but it was better than nothing.  To be honest I was really upset.  I don't like to fly, at all, so I do a lot of preparation ahead of time by visualizing how our trip will go.  This change threw me off.  I became teary and anxious, but Jonathan assured me that things would go well.  And he was right.  Sawyer slept in his chair for 12 hours straight. 12 hours.  Until that point, he had never come close to sleeping that long.  Go figure.

We stayed the night at my Aunt Judy's house in New Jersey, before we traveled home to PA the next day.  Despite his twelve hour "nap" on the airplane, Sawyer became delirious with laughter just 6 hours after he woke up.  Here's the video to prove it.

5 comments:

gardeniagirl said...

too cute. Did I ever tell you that Ruby has those exact same jammies except in pink? Another reason they're a match made in heaven. When they get married, we can make a bigger pair for them for the honeymoon.

Erin Gibbons said...

That laugh is SO cute!

Morgan said...

Oh man, that was the best! Now I want my baby to start laughing!!!

Christin said...

I love this video of Sawyer. He is such a cute baby!

Unknown said...

Ohhhh my goodness his laugh is cute enough to be a youtube sensation.