This happy circumstance was particularly exciting because it meant that we were able to meet each other's new baby for the first time. Ruby is seven weeks older than Sawyer, which means they are potential courtship material. However, Sawyer is already betrothed to a number of other girl-babies. Besides Ruby there is Freyja, Ava, Penelope, Caroline, and I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of off-hand. In the end he will have to choose (from the carefully selected group I have handpicked for him, of course.) Although I'm trying to be funny here, sadly, I'm also kind-of serious.
Our reunion stoked the flame of our cosmic connection. We got to spend all kinds of time together. My favorite times were when we would steal away to feed the babies. For all of you women out there without babies yet, there is a whole new level of female bonding that happens over breast feeding. I'm glad there is more to nursing that a lot of sucking!
I should also mention that the other benefit of hanging with Charlotte is getting to hang with my Dolor. Mrs. Weed treats me like a daughter. I love her, forever.
So how did we spend our time?
Trip to Ithaca to see Taughannock Falls
| This was a lovely day. Highlights were eating at the Moosewood Restaurant, getting an ice cream cone at Purity, watching Elliot take several consecutive spills on the slippery river bed, and catching Dottie trying to escape from a local toy boutique with a pretty ring that Charlotte wouldn't buy for her. Also check out Dottie's face in this pic.
Picnicking at Mt. Pisgah
Ruby's face is awesome in this pic! |

3 comments:
At risk of sounding repetitive, Sawyer is so cute! You and Jon are looking great also.
I love you. I can't wait to see you again and force courtship upon our offspring. I, too, enjoyed our bonding time while nursing. In the meantime, I'll just have to call you every day.
Add Lily and Savannah to the potential spouse approval list...please? :)
Post a Comment