Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Catching Up: Thanksgiving

We travelled to PA to spend thanksgiving with my mom.  You may or may not have heard by now that she and Ron are getting divorced, and separated around Thanksgiving.  Sad, right?  As is true with any divorce, it's complicated, but everyone feels that it was the right thing to do.  So we hoped that our trip would cheer her up, and I think it did.

Jonathan and I drove down on Wednesday, an overall uneventful trip.  Thursday we celebrated Thanksgiving at my Aunt Diane's house with my mom's entire family.  It was really fun.  Jonathan left on Friday afternoon and Sawyer and I stayed behind so we could ride back to Boston with Katie on Sunday. Although it was fun to spend time with Katie, I didn't anticipate the horrible traffic we would encounter on our way home.  Our usual 5 hour trip turned into 9 hours.  Poor, poor, Sawyer.  I think the trip was especially torturous for him since he crawled for the first time that morning just before we left!

This trip was especially wonderful for me because my mom was elated to get up in the morning with Sawyer, which meant that Jonathan I could sleep in until Sawyer's morning nap!  Ahhh!!!! Sweet sleep.  I chase after the dream of sleep.

Here are some highlights:

Banana Cream Pie that Mom made for Jonathan's birthday.
Great Aunt Diane
Great Grandpa and GG


Super Aunt Judy

Aunt Katie is the Best Aunt in the World (except for Aunt Amanda).  Yes, this is Olivia!! So big, right?!
Grammy Love.

 

2 comments:

gardeniagirl said...

Your grandparents haven't aged since h.s. You can tell them I said that.

Lizzie said...

Sawyer is one of the handsomest babies i've ever seen, period. That one where he's giving a sly-eyed smile to the camera--can you say heartthrob? Seriously, he's going to have girls swooning for him his entire life.