We woke up early, packed the kids in the car and drove to Albany where Jonathan was interviewed and took the oath of office along with 700 other candidates, to "support the constitution of the United States, and the constitution of the State of New York, and that [he] will faithfully discharge the duties of the office of attorney and counselor-at-law, according to the best of [his] ability."
I wish I could say the trip went off without a hitch, but of course, that's not the case. Remember, I don't just have two kids...I have two babies, and keeping them both happy and quiet during nap time is absolutely impossible. So, most of the ceremony I spent dealing with melt downs, brushing off stares, and actually ignoring the loudest public shush I have ever heard (yes, someone actually shushed me and my children, a mean, violent shush in public). Humiliating. Several women rushed to my aid during the ceremony. Yes, Lyla did vomit all over one of them. Yes, she was in her Sunday best. She pretended not to care. Sweet lady.
BUT, Jonathan took the oath. He now has the title Esquire. I was there to see it! And I am SO PROUD of him.
(I don't have great photos because how could I take photos while Sawyer was kicking and screaming?)
Can you see him?
The eyes of the Angel of Destruction.
5 comments:
I'd like to have seen that public shushing! I guess I'll see it in a few weeks... Congratulations on making it this far Amanda!
PS. Congrats to Jonathan too!
Congratulaions Jonathan!! Some people are so rude. Yes I think I was able to pick Jonathan out you'll have to tell me if I did. I am so glad you had some people come help you. Love Mom xxoxoxoxox
That's the kind of outing with kiddos that I dread having to do....the nobody-is-happy-but-we-have-to-be-here! kind. I wish I could've come with to help, but I'm glad there were people around ready to give you a hand! Congratulations to Jonathan, and to you!!
you are so good for going and i bet jonathan loved having his family there. such a special achievement. i can't believe that lady shooshed you. i wish i could smack her real hard. i mean, come on, if you want the child to be quiet that bad how about you help the overwhelmed mom entertain the child rather than simply add one more thing for her to worry about. people these days.
Post a Comment