Jonathan and I are pretty fit....you know, I might have purposely exercised like twice so far in 2013 and Jonathan has maybe been to the gym three times, so you know, we are up for anything sporty or physical. Like, say, riding bikes with kids strapped to the backs up and down the steep hills of San Francisco and across the Golden Gate Bridge into Sausilito and then back again. We gathered all of our courage, rented bikes, and fueled up for our adventure at In-N-Out before we left.
Even though Jonathan and I were committed to the making the trek, we had not calculated our children's reactions to things like helmets and wind in their faces. While the whole experience seemed to relax Sawyer, Lyla, dear sweet Lyla, screamed her head off for the first hour of our ride. The kind of screaming that makes people stop and glare at you mouthing, "How could you! She's just a baby!" I could only tell myself, "She'll get used to it soon," for so long before we stopped and decided that I should strap Lyla in her baby carrier and walk the bike back to the shop alone, while Jonathan and Sawyer soldiered on without us. So that's what we did.
Lyla and I didn't let the rest of our day go to waste. We took a rickshaw to the Ferry Building and ate A LOT of icecream.
Here we are just before we took off in different directions. Notice how I'm smiling, but actually I was really sad.
Take a lesson LYLA!


1 comment:
I kind if love these tragic moments. They'll be funny at some point, right?
Post a Comment