Thursday, September 05, 2013

Strads 365, Entry #245: San Francisco Day 5, Sutro Baths, Lands End Trail, and Giants Game

Today we visited the ruins of the the Sutro Baths, a vast complex of seven pools located on a beautiful rocky beach on the San Francisco coast.  It's hard to believe that something in America so big, beautiful, and sprawling could be nothing but a few concrete walls now.  Going to this place made me yearn to see it during its heyday. Here are some before shots of the Sutro Baths.








Here are the ruins...Where did those giant, super fun pools go?  Why?  How?  It's so sad.  Somehow because it's here, in America, I want it so badly.  It feels like a tragedy.  Whenever I've seen ruins in the past it just felt like history.  Visiting these ruins felt haunting.





Walking Lands End Trail.


Fingers in nose. Way up there.





We bought tickets to see a Giants game!  We were so excited that our seats were directly behind home plate! Unfortunately, the biking debacle resulted in Lyla running a fever for the whole day and she and I had to stay behind, again.  Sawyer and Jonathan enjoyed a daddy/son date at AT&T Park.  Was I jealous?...maybe.




No comments: