Friday, April 04, 2014

Check out My Ride

Why are there no bikes like this in America?  I think they are probably illegal or something, because they certainly are not safe...well, at least not with me behind the handle bars. With both kids riding along with me, my bike gets really heavy and I have to be extremely careful to keep it balanced when we stop or it will just fall over.  No such incidents yet, but I know it will surely happen shortly. Luckily, the bike also comes with a battery powered pedal assist, which means that when I pedal a little motor kicks in and makes my life ALOT easier.  This is especially helpful when going uphill, of course.  I would have never dared to take my precious children on a bike with me in Tokyo, but all Japanese mothers do it.  And since they are half my size, I figure, if they can do it, I can do it. I've got a lot to learn from Japanese mothers.  Also pray for us.


Look at that sweet face!


No comments: