Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Sakura Season: Outing 4, Shinjuku Gyoen

The most spectacular cherry blossoms we saw were at Shinjuku Gyoen, which was an imperial garden dating back to 1772.  This garden hosts around 1,500 cherry trees.  We saw them at the peak of their bloom.  Sawyer has been obsessed with a little PBS movie called "Curious George Swings Into Spring."  In one of the opening scenes, the Man with the Yellow Hat takes George to a large park in the middle of their city to teach him about Spring by singing a song about all the blooming trees and flowers.  When got to Shinjuku Gyoen Sawyer ran through the garden as fast as he could shouting with the most joy I've ever seen him demonstrate, "I'M IN SPRING!! I'M IN SPRING!!"  By the way, I was insanely sick this week.  At this point I had pink eye, in both eyes.  Gross.



Lyla ran up to this little boy and decided she would make him her friend.  She held his hand, wiped the dried grass from his pants, and babbled to him nonstop before we took her away.  The little boy just looked down the entire time, but somehow his lack of interest did not dissuade the loving little Sugar Bear.










Dig deep Sawyer.  Dig deep.





 

No comments: