I was in an antique shop in Kyoto when Jonathan pointed this ancient scroll out to me and told me I should take a photograph of it to send to my sister Katie (Katie, I think we both know why I took this picture. Consider this a warning). There were numerous signs posted picturing a camera with a big red X overlay, BUT, this was too good to pass up. I tried to take the picture on the sly, but right after the flash went off like a firefly in a cave, a little Japanese woman came running towards me with a face so twisted in anger that I felt both incredibly scared and guilty. Jonathan laughed. I kept trying to apologize, but she would have none of it...so we left. Ashamed.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
For Katie
I was in an antique shop in Kyoto when Jonathan pointed this ancient scroll out to me and told me I should take a photograph of it to send to my sister Katie (Katie, I think we both know why I took this picture. Consider this a warning). There were numerous signs posted picturing a camera with a big red X overlay, BUT, this was too good to pass up. I tried to take the picture on the sly, but right after the flash went off like a firefly in a cave, a little Japanese woman came running towards me with a face so twisted in anger that I felt both incredibly scared and guilty. Jonathan laughed. I kept trying to apologize, but she would have none of it...so we left. Ashamed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
He and I should hang out, and swap ear stories.
Amanda! You're back in Japan and blogging about it and I can live vicariously through you! Even though the memories may be hazy at times :). If you come across a dragon chair, be sure to take a picture for me.
Now my imagination is running wild with possible ear fetishes??
Amanda living on the edge. Love Mom xxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment