Monday, June 22, 2009

Jonathan, Attorney at Law

Jonathan was so nervous for his first day of work. I peeked in on him in the shower and he was bowing, practicing his humble Japanese greetings. He cleanly shaved his face. Put on his freshly pressed suit. Shined his shoes. And stood before me, waiting to soak in my praise. I love Jonathan.

For those of you who don't know Jonathan, or don't know him well, Jonathan is a dream boy. He's the kind of guy that girls fantasize about marrying. He's smart, handsome, sweet, strong, manly, and yet gentle and kind. He's unbelievably fun and funny. He's loving and caring. Jonathan is really ideal in every way. And I was lucky enough to marry him.

Here he is, "Mr. Attorney" leaving the apartment for his first day of work at Japan's largest and best law firm. Just as he was leaving, he turned around and came back into the apartment to relieve himself of one last nervous bladder contraction.

His first day was a success. He was taken out to a fine dining lunch. He wowed his co-workers with his excellent Japanese. He won over his new personal secretary with a gift box of chocolates. AND he made friends with an Australian guy named Stuart who brought us some Tim Tams the next day. With the exception of the Japanese government taxing us $4000 this summer, Jonathan's summer job in Tokyo couldn't be better.

7 comments:

gardeniagirl said...

Yay for Jonathan! Yes, Jonathan is a stud. Very impressive.

Clara Barden said...

I second that!!!

sophie said...

Jonathan is the best guy EVER. Of course, you are the absolute perfect wife for him, too. Not that I'm biased or anything.

Mae said...

Hooray and congrats!! What an adventure! Amanda, I have a feeling you better start getting serious about learning japanese...:)

Unknown said...

Awwww, so cute! You two are a rock star couple. Just invite me to your senator/governor mansion someday, okay??

clara said...

You both are lucky to have found each other. Love Mom xxoxoxoxox

Joe said...

Way to go, Jonathon! I am sorry to see that beard go, though. Now you have to erase manly from that description of him.
I want to come visit you guys just to try out that toilet!