Thursday, June 11, 2009

Road Trip Part I

With the first year of graduate school over for both Jonathan and me, we had every reason to shout hallelujah and take a road trip! Jonathan’s parents generously rented a beach house on Florida’s panhandle for a family reunion and offered to fly us down. Of course, flying would have made life a lot easier, but with the looming 15 hour flight in my not so distant future, and with the opportunity to visit my family along the way, Jonathan and I decided to drive XXXX miles from Boston to Carrabelle Beach, Fl. First stop, my mom’s house.

Oh, Dear Mommy. We had such fun spending time at my mom’s house. We were able to visit my grandparents. Go to my Aunt’s new quilt shop. Jonathan went golfing with Ron (I hear if performance was akin to a toddler trying to use a spoon for the first time). My mom helped me to sew a skirt. We were able to play with my niece Olivia, and chill with my Bro and his girlfriend Kristine. Eat delicious mom food. It was perfect family together time.

This is Olivia. She's almost 5 years old now. She's adorable, spunky, intelligent, adventurous, and all girl. Currently, she is learning the many do's and don't's of life. Right after I took this picture she informed me that in the next picture she was going to do "this," she proceeded to proudly erect her middle finger followed by an oh-so-sweet smile. We all gasp in disbelief and unabashedly reprimanded her. She cried, she didn't know it was bad. Poor Olivia.
Kristine, you deserve this.


Katie became so confused by all the bright colors and complex patterns in my Aunt's quilt shop that she picked up a pair of scissors and began violently shouting, "Desperta ferro!" It was really weird.

2 comments:

Katie said...

No no, it wasn't Desperta Ferro, it was "Baaaardeen! Miss you already. My roommates are already sick of me being home all the time. And I really wish I could have seen the swing incident...

clara said...

Are you ok from the swing incident? It sounded painful. Love Mom