Thursday, December 23, 2010

94 days of Baby Strads: Ding Dong Merrily on High, Five Years Since We Were Married!

December 17th was Jonathan's and my FIVE year wedding anniversary!  Five Years.  It seems so short, but at the same time, it's like we've always been together.  There's all kinds of mushy things that I could say about marrying Jonathan, but I think the best and sincerest thing I can say is that I've spent the last five years of my life being desperately in love, having the best adventures, and never wishing for anything different than to spend my life with him. Jonathan is the boy I never knew I could wish for, and he has made my life happier and more meaningful than I could have ever dreamed possible.  Jonathan is my best friend and these five years are only the beginning of our life together.

Highlights of our 5 years of marriage so far:
  • We started a community garden
  • Jonathan finished undergrad (8 years after graduating from high school)
  • We moved to Boston
  • We both started grad school
  • I finished grad school (wahoo...MSW), Jonathan still has a year and a half to go.
  • We spent several weeks traveling around Japan
  • We've spent two summers in Tokyo for Jonathan's work
  • We climbed the Great Wall of China (and rode a zip line back down)
  • We were blessed to have Baby Boy Strads!!
To celebrate our anniversary we took an early morning walk through the freshly fallen New Mexico snow.  Then we went out for a delicious dinner in Santa Fe at Restaurant Martin.  So tasty.
 Morning walk in snow covered New Mexico on our anniversary!

Here we are on the great wall!
Here we are at our favorite beach near Boston.


Here we are in Japan, our second home.
Young and sun kissed in PA
5 years ago, on our wedding day!

1 comment:

gardeniagirl said...

Oh, I love you two. I'm so glad you got married, too. Jonathan's the perfect guy for you, Amanda. I'm glad I was around to see the romance unfold all those years ago in Provo.