On Thursday December 16, we left for our Christmas vacation to New Mexico. Our flight left early, so we didn't have the chance to eat breakfast. BIG MISTAKE. Apparently, if you are preggo, flying can already make you feel "weird" but without food in my belly I vacillated between nearly passing out and throwing up for the first leg of our trip. But no worries, when we landed in St. Louis for our layover, I gorged myself on barbecue pizza. Then our flight was delayed...Then we finally got to Albuquerque only to face a snow storm that turned what should have been a 1.5 drive into something more than twice as long. I'm such a wimp when driving in inclement weather. I sat white knuckled the whole time while Jonathan's dad assured me that all would be ok. The harrowing trip from Boston to Los Alamos was 13 hours. Not bad when you consider how long it would take to drive...or walk, or take a horse.
Baby Boy Strads especially liked flying. He was leaping about the whole time. His favorite thing to do was to punch my bladder, which doesn't make me have to pee, but rather, startles me and makes feel violated. He's getting bigger and bigger, which means that I am also growing at an astounding rate. I have to say that I feel uncomfortable most of the time, which is sad, since I have 3 months to go! OUCH.
1 comment:
Welcome to my world. Just tell that baby, "I'm large and in charge."
Post a Comment