We spent our last days in Hawaii soaking in as much sun as we could get, eating lots of sugary shave ice and pineapple, and trying as much of the native food as we could stomach, like the famous Puka Dog with mango relish. I can't tell you how wonderful our trip was. Everyday we slept for as long as we could. We did whatever we wanted. We read to the sound of the the waves hitting the shore. We swam in the blue waters of paradise. We ate fruit that was juicier and sweeter than we ever imagined. We spent every waking moment enjoying each other's company. I'm so grateful that we had the opportunity to take such a lavish, indulgent trip. We know that not everyone has the chance to spend so much time relaxing in such an exotic place with the person that he or she loves. We understand that these opportunities are rare and we hope to remember this one forever, especially at times in the coming months when we feel overwhelmed. We are also so glad that Baby Boy Strads could come with us, even though he won't remember it. Here are some pics from our last days on the island!
3 comments:
So happy you guys did this! Had a few minute reservations that had to do with flying, swimming, the heat, hot sun, and whatever other activities one might feel prone to engage in in the midst of such euphoric and relaxing paradise but, as usual my worries were totally unnecessary. Instead you now have beautiful remembrances and heartfelt joy that will always be with the two of you. So proud of you, your dedication, commitment, and love for each other, has and will always touch my heart!!!
Your little tummy in your swimsuit is darling! My fav pic. :) Also, you two look glowing with your perfect tans. I'm so glad you got to do this too. Thank you for the food comments - the descriptions of the fruit make my mouth water deliciously.
Ah! Look at your cute little prego tummy! You are looking great in your swimsuit. Thanks for posting warm pics of somewhere tropical. Last night I actually had a dream I was on Kauai (even though I haven't been to that island) and it was fun. Although, our group that I was with was a little clueless. I want to say that our reservations were cancelled or something weird. But oh well, I was in paradise in my dreams!
Post a Comment