Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 66: Snorkeling/Jonathan, My Hero....ahhh.

Friday, we decided to head down to a reef called Anini Beach.  Although the waves all around the reef are incredibly intense, inside the reef the waters are calm, almost as still as a pond.  These, of course, are the perfect conditions for snorkeling.  So, snorkeling we did.  Along the way we saw lots of tropical fish, and Jonathan got to swim with a sea turtle!  That is, after he saved me from drowning.  While I was out on the reef, like maybe a little further than the length of a football field from the shore,  I started to feel a little weird.  I felt like the water was really heavy and squeezing me.  It was difficult to breath and see.  I stopped to catch my breath and Jonathan asked if everything was ok, and that's when I passed out.  He swam me back to shore and along the way I threw up 3 times.  Gross.  Looks like I over did it, or something.  I tried to brush off the whole incident.  I'm not sure that I really passed out, but Jonathan assured me I was out cold for at least 3 minutes and then out of it for a bit longer. So, Jonathan is a hero!  He reminds me of the event every so often.  Sometimes it's a nice gentle reminder in a tender loving voice, "Baby, you almost died...*tear*" At other times its more angry and concerned, "You need to take care of yourself!  What if I wasn't with you!?  Here, drink this bottle of water!"  And then most commonly he's victorious, "I don't think I'm getting enough credit.  Isn't it awesome how I saved you.  I'm the man!"

So, no need to worry.  By the time we reached the shore I was completely recovered.  It was just one of those weird things.  I need to remember that I need to take it a bit easier because I'm prego, that's all.  So Jonathan, thanks for saving me.  You are my hero!


Anini Beach
Jonathan is so happy that he was able to swim with a giant Sea Turtle around the reef.
Here are some scenes of Paradise:








This is the couple that we are staying with, Toni and Richard.  We had dinner together on Saturday evening.  I made lemon thyme chicken in their rotisserie.

Saturday night was the first time that I have experienced any swelling at all.   Saturday was very hot! Look at the size of my feet.  In the morning they were back to normal.

2 comments:

gardeniagirl said...

Oh, poor Amanda. I think Jonathan will be reminding you of that incident for several years. I also like your swollen feet. Hopefully, it's not a sign of things to come at the end of your pregnancy.

ShawLove said...

i;m glad you are alive!!!