Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 69 of Baby Strads: First Day in Kauai or a Beach Coma

After spending the morning at Costco shopping for our 2 week stay in Kauai and a drive through the country to check out some of the views from Jurassic Park, we headed to the Hanalei Bay for some beach relaxation. Once on the beach, my first order of business was to have Jonathan help me dig a little pit in the sand so I could lay on my stomach.  The idea, of course, is that because for the past 5 months I've been unable to lie or sleep on any part of my body accept for my side, I could trick myself into feeling like I was lying on my stomach by dangling it in a hole.  We tried it, and it didn't work...just felt like my spine was going to snap in two.  I was disappointed to say the least, that is until Jonathan, in his brilliance, sculpted me the perfect beach chair in the sand.  This work of art sent me into a beach coma that lasted for several hours.

The beach was beautiful.  The sunset was lovely.  Later that evening we grilled some salmon at the little resort village where we are staying. Is Hawaii worth the hype...Yes.  Yes, it is.

Here are some pics from our first day at the beach.  They were taken at twilight, just before we left for the day.  It was a high surf day, so we didn't do a lot of swimming.

Perfectly sculpted sand furniture brought to you by Jonathan.

Turbulent surf.

Ahhh....you can tell I'm just coming out of my beach coma.

Twilight at Hanalei Bay

1 comment:

gardeniagirl said...

I think the picture of you sitting in the sandmade beach chair is my favorite pregnant picture of you, and you should definitely include it in your baby's album.